The Complete Guide to the British Peerage & Baronetage
If you have found this page useful, why not make a donation to The Peerage Research Trust so that we can continue to develop and expand Cracroft's Peerage?
Larpent later de Hochepied Larpent, of Roehampton, Surrey (UK Baronet, 1841 - 1899)
Creation: let.pat. 13 Oct 1841
Extinct: 18 May 1899
Family name: Larpent later de Hochepied Larpent
Quarterly: 1st and 4th, Gules a Saltire Or between four Plates each charged with a Hurt on a Chief Ermine a Fleur-de-lis Azure (Larpent); 2nd and 3rd, Per pale Argent and Azure on the dexter a Chevron Gules between three Crescents Sable and on the sinister a Dexter Hand expanded issuant from the sinister in bend and beneath a Pair of Manacles the chain broken proper (de Hochepied)
1st: An Unicorn's Head erased Argent armed and crined Or the neck charged with a Fleur-de-lis and beneath four Annulets conjoined Azure (Larpent); 2nd: Out of a Ducal Coronet Or a Crescent Sable; 3rd: Out of a Ducal Coronet Or a Dexter Hand issuant proper (both for de Hochepied)
1st: Omnia Summa Consequere Virtute Dirae (Larpent); 2nd: Optivo Cognomine Crescit (de Hochepied)
Sir George Gerard Larpent later de Hochepied Larpent, 1st Bt.
2nd son of John Larpent, of East Sheen, co. Surrey, Secretary to the 4th Duke of Bedford at the Peace of Paris 1763, to the Lord Lieutenant of Oreland, to the Lord Privy Seal and to the Secretary of State, and examoner and licenser of plays, by his second wife Anna Margaritte Porter, elder dau. and eventually hrss. of Sir James Porter, British Ambassador at the Porte, and later Minister Plenipotentiary at Brussels, by his wife Baroness Clarissa Catherine de Hochepied, 1st dau. of Elbert, 2nd Baron de Hochepied, late of Haarlem in Holland, a Baron and Magnate of Hungary
16 Feb 1786
13 Oct 1813 Charlotte Cracroft (b. 24 Nov 1792; d. 18 Feb 1851), 3rd dau. of William Cracroft, of the Exchequer Office (by his wife Elizabeth Sewell Hawkes, dau. of Joseph Hawkes, a Levant merchant in London), 8th son of Robert Cracroft, of Hackthorn Hall, co. Lincoln, by his second wife Rebecca Waldegrave, dau. of Edward Waldegrave, of Louth, co. Lincoln
children by first wife
1. Sir Albert John de Hochepied Larpent, 2nd Bt.
2. Frederick Seymour de Hochepied Larpent (b. 19 Sep 1822; dvp. 14 May 1846)
1. Anna Catherine de Hochepied Larpent (b. 20 Jun 1819; d. 24 Dec 1893), mar. 15 July 1841 Rev Edward Aislabie Ommanney, Prebendary of Wells Cathedral and Vicar of Chew Magna, co. Somerset (b. 13 Sep 1806; d. 21 Jan 1884), and had issue
17 Jul 1852 Louisa Martha Bailey (d. 23 Mar 1856), dau. of George Bailey, of Windsor, co. Berkshire
children by second wife
3. ..... de Hochepied Larpent (b. 14 Nov 1852; d. bef. 21 Nov 1853)
4. Seymour George de Hochepied Larpent (b. 14 Nov 1852; d. 21 Nov 1853)
8 Mar 1855
13 Oct 1841 a Baronet of the United Kingdom, styled "of Roehampton, Surrey"
son by first wife
entered the East India house of Cockerell & Larpent, became chairman of the Oriental and China Association, and deputy-chairman of the St Katherine's Docks Company; took the additional name of de Hochepied by Royal Warrant 1 Jun 1819; Member of Parliament for Nottingham (Whig) 1841-42
Sir Albert John de Hochepied Larpent, 2nd Bt.
18 Mar 1816
18 Oct 1838 Catherine Lydia Shaw (d. 1 Dec 1912), dau. of Maj Lewis Simeon Shaw, of the Bengal army
1. Sir George Albert de Hochepied Larpent, 3rd Bt.
1. Caroline Anna de Hochepied Larpent (d. 30 Jan 1915), mar. 12 Nov 1862 John Skinner later Steuart JP DL, 13th of Ballechin (b. 26 Jul 1837; d. 20 Dec 1895), 1st son and heir of John Skinner (1st son of Rev John Skinner, of Inchgarth, co. Forfar), by his wife Mary Gavin Elizabeth Steuart, sister of Maj Robert Steuart JP, 12th of Ballechin, and 3rd dau. of Lt Col Hope Steuart JP DL, 11th of Ballechin, by his wife Louisa Morley, 2nd dau. of James Morley, of Kempshott Park, co. Hampshire, and had issue
2. Sophia Charlotte de Hochepied Larpent (b. c. 1845; d. 14 Mar 1926), mar. 22 Feb 1862 Capt Edmund Fortescue (b. 3 Feb 1839; d. 25 Nov 1908), son of W B Fortescue, of Fallapit, co. Devon, and had issue
13 Jun 1861
Sir George Albert de Hochepied Larpent, 3rd Bt.
14 Jul 1846
18 Jun 1895 Rose Lambert (widow of Lt Col T Camden Lambert, of Waterdale, co. Galway; mar. (3) 2 Nov 1912 Brig Gen Arthur Augustus Saunders (d. 3 Aug 1913)), dau. of William Armstrong, of The Priory, Toronto, Canada
s.p. 18 May 1899
On the death of the 3rd Baronet the Baronetcy of de Hochepied Larpent became extinct.
First written 4 Jan 2013
ã Copyright: Heraldic Media Limited. All rights reserved.