The Complete Guide to the British Peerage & Baronetage
If you have found this page useful, why not make a donation to The Peerage Research Trust so that we can continue to maintain and develop Cracroft's Peerage?
Boles, of Bishop's Lydeard, Somerset (UK Baronet, 1922)
Creation: let.pat. 17 Jun 1922
Family name: Boles
Azure on a Fess Ermine between three Standing Bowls Argent out of each a Boar's Head Or a Portcullis also Or
In front of a Rising Sun Or a Demi-Boar Azure pierced in the left shoulder by an Arrow proper
Ut Tibi Sic Alteri (As I do to thee so will I do to others)
Lt Col Sir Dennis Fortescue Boles, 1st Bt., CBE JP DL MP
Yst son of Rev James Thomas Boles, of Ryll Court, Exmouth, co. Devon, and Moyge, co. Cork
6 Sep 1861
26 Jul 1894 Beatrice Ringrose Lysaght (d. 30 Apr 1939), yst. dau. of John Lysaght, of Hengrave Hall, co. Suffolk
1. 2nd Lt Hastings Fortescue Boles. served in World War I with the 17th Lancers and the RFC (b. 21 Jun 1895; dvp. of wounds 24 May 1915)
2. Sir Gerald Fortescue Boles, 2nd Bt.
1. Violet Betrice Boles, mar. 30 Apr 1932 Michael Allen Bucknall, 2nd son of Edgar Allen Bucknall, and had issue
2. Doreen Frances Boles, mar. 26 Nov 1936 Cyril Alfred Anderson (d. 1958), only son of Rev A E Anderson, and had issue
26 Jul 1935
17 Jun 1922 a Baronet of the United Kingdom, styled "of Bishop's Lydeard, Somerset"
Member of Parliament for West Somerset 1911 and for Taunton 1918-21; served in World War I 1914-18 as Lt Col commanding 3rd Battalion Devonshire Regiment; CBE 1919; High Sheriff of Somerset 1923
Capt Sir Gerald Fortescue Boles, 2nd Bt.
19 Jun 1900
2 Jun 1927 Violet Blanche Hall Parlby (mar. (2) 30 Oct 1945 S/Ldr David Dove Carver OBE RAFVR, son of Henry George Dove, of 62 Ellerton Road, London SW18; d. 1974), 1st dau. of Maj Reginald John Hall Parlby, of Manadon
1. Sir Jeremy John Fortescue Boles, 3rd Bt.
9 Apr 1945 (died from injuries freceived in action in the Central Mediterranean)
served in World War II 1939-45 as Capt, 17th/21st Lancers
Sir Jeremy John Fortescue Boles, 3rd Bt.
9 Jan 1932
16 Apr 1955 (div. 1970) Dorothy Jane Worswick, 2nd dau. of James Alexander Worswick, of Enmore, co. Somerset, and Singapore
children by first wife
1. Sir Richard Fortescue Boles TD, 4th Bt.
2. David Hastings Fortescue Boles (b. 9 Nov 1967)
1. Sarah Jane Boles (b. 5 Aug 1956), mar. 1986 Paul Bird, and has issue
1970 (div. 1981) Elizabeth Gildroy Fleming (widow of Oliver Simon Willis Fleming), 2nd dau. of Edward Philip Shaw, of Englefield Green, co. Surrey
only child by second wife
2. Jessica Blanche Mary Boles (b. 1971)
1982 Marigold Aspey (widow of Laurence Frederick Aspey), 1st dau. of Donald Frank Seckington, of Clevedon, co. Avon
15 Feb 2014
son by first wife
Sir Richard Fortescue Boles TD, 4th Bt.
12 Dec 1958
26 May 1990 Allison Beverley MacDonald, dau. of Brian MacDonald
1. James Alexander Fortescue Boles (b. 25 May 1993)
1. Samantha Boles (b. 1 Jul 1996)
Last updated 4 Jan 2015
Meadowsweet Cottage, 7 Worcester Road, Stourport-on-Severn,co. Worcester
c/o Forestry Commission Wyre Forest, Callow Hill, Bewdley, Kidderminster,co. Worcester
ã Copyright: Heraldic Media Limited. All rights reserved.