The Complete Guide to the British Peerage & Baronetage
If you have found this page useful, why not make a donation to The Peerage Research Trust so that we can continue to maintain and develop Cracroft's Peerage?
Allendale, Baron (UK, 1906)
Creation: let.pat. 20 Jul 1906
Family name: Beaumont
See Viscount Allendale
Wentworth Blackett [Beaumont], 1st Baron Allendale
1st son and heir of Thomas Wentworth Beaumont MP, of Bretton Hall, Wakefield, co. York, and Bywell Hall, co. Northumberland, by his wife Henrietta Jane Emma Hawks Atkinson, dau. of John Atkinson, of Maple Hayes, co. Stafford
11 Apr 1829
6 Mar 1856 Lady Margaret Anne de Burgh (d. 31 Mar 1888), 4th dau. of Ulick John [de Burgh], 1st Marquess of Clanricarde, by his wife Hon Harriet Canning, sister and sole hrss. of Charles John [Canning], 1st Earl Canning, and only dau. of Rt Hon George Canning MP, First Lord of the Treasury (Prime Minister) and Chancellor of the Exchequer 1827, by his wife Joan Scott, suo jure Viscountess Canning, 3rd dau. and cohrss. of Maj Gen John Scott of Balcomie
children by first wife
1. Hon Wentworth Canning Blackett Beaumont, later 2nd Baron Allendale later 1st Viscount Allendale
2. Maj Hon Edward de Grey Beaumont (b. 2 Mar 1862; d. 23 Nov 1940)
3. Hon Hubert George Beaumont, Member of Parliament for Eastbourne 1906-10, High Sheriff of Buckinghamshire 1919 (b. 6 Apr 1864; d. 14 Aug 1822), mar. 26 May 1900 Elisa Mercedes Grace (d. 10 Aug 1917), 1st dau. of Michael Paul Grace, of Battle Abbey, co. Sussex, and had issue
1. Hon Margaret Harriet Beaumont (b. 1856; d. 4 Aug 1931), mar. 19 May 1881 Coplestone Richard George Warwick [Bampfylde], 3rd Baron Poltimore, and had issue
2. Violet Augusta Beaumont (b. 1858; dvp. 1862)
3. Hon Amy Virginia Beaumont (b. 1859; d. 19 May 1949), mar. 2 Nov 1880 Edward [Knatchbull-Hugessen], 2nd Baron Brabourne, and had issue
17 Feb 1891 Edith Althea Pomeroy-Colley (widow of Maj Gen Sir George Pomeroy-Colley KCSI; d. 19 May 1927), dau. of Rev Sir Erasmus Borrowes, 8th Bt.
13 Feb 1907
20 Jul 1906 Baron Allendale, of Allendale and Hexham in the County of Northumberland
son by first wife
Member of Parliament (Liberal) for South Northumberland 1852-85 and for Tyneside 1886-92
Wentworth Canning Blackett [Beaumont], 2nd Baron Allendale later 1st Viscount Allendale, PC
5 Jun 1911 Viscount Allendale, of Allendale and Hexham in the County of Northumberland
The Barony of Allendale has been held by the Viscounts Allendale since 5 Jun 1911.
ã Copyright: Heraldic Media Limited. All rights reserved.